Breastfeeding is a single act with a lot of meaning. It is a way for new mums to feed a new baby. The breast milk usually contains the necessary minerals that nourish the baby as he grows. Well, On This article, i will concentrate more on the advantages of breastfeeding.
What Are The Advantages Of Breastfeeding?
Well, among the many advantages of breastfeeding, Breastfeeding Does the following for a newly defenseless born
1. Protects a baby from allergies
2. Helps Protect baby against infections
3. Breastfeeding is a process of feeding a baby with milk from the mother, such milk is rich in antibodies that protects the baby from various illnesses
4. Breast Milk administered to a baby through breastfeeding Enhances Development and Intelligence
5. It Promotes good health and reduces the chances of cancer for a newly born.
How Long Should A Mother Breastfeeed A Baby?
It is often recommended that Mothers breastfeed their new babies exclusively for the next 4 to 6 months. This is because before this 6 months, a baby depends solely on breast milk which might be reduced as soon as he hits the 6th month.
On The 6th month, mershed foods, pears, iron fotifierd rice are best foods to feed the new guy but thats only when he’s shown signs of readiness.
The signs that shows a baby is ready includes:
Being able to sit upright with some sort of support
Ability to draw draw food back into their mouths and swallow.
Breastfeeding is not to be discontinued at all. It should be administered along with solid foods till the baby has clocked one year.
Breastfeeding benefits the baby as well as the mother. Once again, it is the best way to feed the baby as soon as he leaves the womb as the breast milk is rich in Colostrum which encourages the passing out of baby’s first stool.
Breastfeeding is the best and most loving thing ever made by nature.
It brings protection for the new guy/lady as they begin their journey on this earth